10 Tips To Make Spring Cleaning Easier!
Clean is in season
Spring Cleaning can seem like a daunting and endless task, but we here at SERVPRO of Tustin have compiled some tips to help make your job easier!
- Clean your windows inside and out. Use a rubber edge squeegee to avoid streaks, and try cleaning them on a cloudy day so that the sun doesn't dry the soap before you've squeegeed it clean!
- Dust your light bulbs. Unscrew the bulbs first, and then use a microfiber cloth dampened with water to polish the bulbs. (Avoid getting the metal base of the bulb wet.)
- Clean you fridge. First, clean out any old food, condiments, etc. that are expired and clean up any spills. Once the fridge is cleared out, use a combination of baking soda and warm water (or salt and soda water) to deep clean the fridge. Also consider buying a fridge refresher pack to keep your fridge clean and fresh year-round.
- Protect wood flooring. To guard against scratches on your wooden floors, make sure that there are surface protectors on the bottom of any furniture legs. Replace any existing ones that are dirty or worn.
- Get rid of lime buildup on faucets. Before scrubbing, lay paper towels over the faucet/sink area and soak in vinegar for one hour. The deposits will soften and be easier to remove.
- Restock home supplies. You never know when you'll need certain supplies. Restock on all of your cleaning solutions and emergency stain removers. Also stock up on batteries and light bulbs for when they need replacing.
- Clean the oven. Chip off any loose pieces that you can, and spritz any remaining burnt-on food with ammonia. Sprinkle baking soda and a few drops of white vinegar on the bottom and sponge away the grime after it has bubbled up.
- Clean your carpet. You can rent carpet cleaning equipment and do it all yourself, or you can call us!
- Clean your bed (all of it). Wash your sheets and duvet in the washing machine. While your linens are being cleaned, take care of your mattress! Use your vacuum's crevice tool to collect any dirt on the surface and sides, then spot clean any stains with upholstery cleaner. Spray with a disinfectant when you're done and you're good to go!
- Clean your broom! You don't want to be sweeping your floor with a dirty broom do you? Try swishing your broom around in warm, soapy water to get rid of any dust-bunnies. If that doesn't work, you can also try zapping the ends with your vacuum (just be sure to clean the attachment afterwards)
You should be able to handle most of the cleaning around your house, but for any of those tough stains - give us a call! We can help!
SERVPRO of Tustin available 24/7 - 365
Avoid the stress of spring cleaning and call SERVPRO!
It's that time of year again!
The sun is out and it's time for spring cleaning! Make your life a little easier this year and consider calling SERVPRO of Tustin to help ease the burden.
How can SERVPRO help?
You know SERVPRO of Tustin as a leader in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration, but our professional residential cleaning services can make a dirty home as good as new.
Air Duct Cleaning
Properly maintaining your home's air ducts should be a top priority. Cleaning your air ducts regularly can increase your home's heating and cooling efficiency, as well as improve the quality of air you and your family breathe.
Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprits in poor indoor air quality. Make it a priority to inspect the ductwork of your home or business.
If your HVAC has been operating for some time without attention, it could be circulating one or more of the following:
- Dirt and debris
- Other contaminants
SERVPRO of Tustin Professionals routinely inspects the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping them clean can extend the life of the equipment. This can in turn save you money and give you cleaner air to breathe.
However, duct cleaning is not always necessary. We will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your system.
The benefits of servicing your HVAC unit include:
- Helps to restore peak energy efficiency.
- It May help to eliminate offensive odors.
- Helps reduce the potential for mold growth.
Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Even the highest-quality carpet and upholstery can show soiling over time. Protect your investment by calling us to clean and maintain your carpet and upholstery. The SERVPRO System offers a number of cleaning options to match any type of upholstery or carpet.
Our professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. How often you’ll need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, traffic, type, and color of carpeting. A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months. The best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with soil. If you wait until carpets look really dirty, the carpets may never be restored to their former appearance. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet looks dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the fibers. More dirt is hiding below the surface down near the base of the pile, causing damage to the carpet. When a carpet is saturated with dirt, the soil has penetrated crevices and has become firmly lodged.
Basic cleaning services lack the expertise to effectively deodorize your home. As experts in deodorization, SERVPRO of Tustin is trained to identify and eliminate offensive odors. These odors can come from a number of sources both inside and outside a structure.
SERVPRO teaches IICRC technical classes in the proper removal of odors. Masking and other shortcuts don't work when your odor problem is serious or persistent.
We have the training and equipment to identify and eliminate these offensive odors. By identifying the cause of the odor and determining the conditions in which it contacts any surfaces, the odor can often be removed over time without a trace. Our technicians have access to several odor removal products capable of penetrating surfaces to neutralize an unpleasant odor thoroughly.
Life Happens, and homes get dirty. SERVPRO of Tustin has the industry experience and expertise to provide a deeper clean than your basic home cleaning service.
We're here to make things easier for you.
Need cleaning services?
Give us a call today! - (714)480-1340
Learning about hoarding at the International OCD Conference in Los Angeles
Hoarding Infographic from Pyschology Degree
Staff Tom and Deanna attended the International OCD Conference in LA. With so many pages of seminar notes, we'll be ready to futher help hoarders in our Orange County community. Fortunately, Orange County has a task force to help with hoarding in Tusin, Anaheim, Orange, Irvine, Villa Park, Laguna Hills, Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach and more!
International OCDFoundation Conference