10 Tips To Make Spring Cleaning Easier!
Spring Cleaning can seem like a daunting and endless task, but we here at SERVPRO of Tustin have compiled some tips to help make your job easier!
- Clean your windows inside and out. Use a rubber edge squeegee to avoid streaks, and try cleaning them on a cloudy day so that the sun doesn't dry the soap before you've squeegeed it clean!
- Dust your light bulbs. Unscrew the bulbs first, and then use a microfiber cloth dampened with water to polish the bulbs. (Avoid getting the metal base of the bulb wet.)
- Clean you fridge. First, clean out any old food, condiments, etc. that are expired and clean up any spills. Once the fridge is cleared out, use a combination of baking soda and warm water (or salt and soda water) to deep clean the fridge. Also consider buying a fridge refresher pack to keep your fridge clean and fresh year-round.
- Protect wood flooring. To guard against scratches on your wooden floors, make sure that there are surface protectors on the bottom of any furniture legs. Replace any existing ones that are dirty or worn.
- Get rid of lime buildup on faucets. Before scrubbing, lay paper towels over the faucet/sink area and soak in vinegar for one hour. The deposits will soften and be easier to remove.
- Restock home supplies. You never know when you'll need certain supplies. Restock on all of your cleaning solutions and emergency stain removers. Also stock up on batteries and light bulbs for when they need replacing.
- Clean the oven. Chip off any loose pieces that you can, and spritz any remaining burnt-on food with ammonia. Sprinkle baking soda and a few drops of white vinegar on the bottom and sponge away the grime after it has bubbled up.
- Clean your carpet. You can rent carpet cleaning equipment and do it all yourself, or you can call us!
- Clean your bed (all of it). Wash your sheets and duvet in the washing machine. While your linens are being cleaned, take care of your mattress! Use your vacuum's crevice tool to collect any dirt on the surface and sides, then spot clean any stains with upholstery cleaner. Spray with a disinfectant when you're done and you're good to go!
- Clean your broom! You don't want to be sweeping your floor with a dirty broom do you? Try swishing your broom around in warm, soapy water to get rid of any dust-bunnies. If that doesn't work, you can also try zapping the ends with your vacuum (just be sure to clean the attachment afterwards)
You should be able to handle most of the cleaning around your house, but for any of those tough stains - give us a call! We can help!
SERVPRO of Tustin available 24/7 - 365